Thursday, August 13, 2020

Crime

"If being a crook were a crime we'd all be in jail." - Colson Whitehead

 "There was no greater narcissist than the newly arrested." -Wendall Thomas

"Thieves respect property. They merely wish the property to become their property that they may more perfectly respect it." - G.K. Chesterton

 "I would revolutionize the robbery industry by targeting people who had money." - Adam Smyer

"Everyone but the sheriff loves a Robin Hood." - Leigh Lundin

"It’s all too easy for people who’ve been stabbed to self-righteously judge people who haven’t." - Jon Schwartz

"There are no small crimes, only small criminals." - Max Wellton

 "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." - Mitt Romney

"If my murderer sees this he'll kill me!" - Hugh Laurie

"The victimization survey cannot measure murder because of the inability to question the victim."  - U.S. Census Bureau

"Give a person a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a person a bank, and he can rob everyone." -Jannie Waite

"Lawyers who go to jail don't go in broke."  - John M. Floyd.

"Nobody files 1099s on hitmen." - Peter Hochstein

"When I read violence and it doesn't hurt that makes me angry. Because that's the only violence that's dangerous." -Josh Stallings.

“A bank robber is less likely to hit a branch where all the tellers know him by name.” - Amy Aiken

"“The best minds of my generation can’t make bail.” - Ani DiFranco

“I didn’t steal this, It was ‘differently acquired.’”– Sara Cytron

“Whenever he saw a dollar in another man’s hands he took it as a personal grudge, if he couldn’t take it any other way.” O. Henry

“The Star-Spangled Banner is about a shootout with the police.” - Ice-T.

"You get a client with 8 to 12 bodies buried in the backyard and there’s an immediate rush to judgment that he may have done something wrong.” – Mickey Sherman, esq.

"There's nothing wrong with stealing. It's a great way to get stuff."" - Lewis Ledford

"If a man stopped me in the street and demanded of me my watch, I should refuse to give it to him. If he threatened to take it by force, I feel I should, though not a fighting man, do my best to protect it. If, on the other hand, he should assert his intention of trying to obtain it by means of an action in any court of law, I should take it out of my pocket and hand it to him, and think I had got off cheaply." -Jerome K. Jerome

"How dare you stand there with every evidence of a criminal nature showing in your attitude and demeanor and conceal from the authorities the reason for your arrest?" -Don Marquis

No comments:

Post a Comment