Monday, August 17, 2020

Attitude

 

"I did my worst and I did it well." -Judy Goodenough 

"I don't light up a room by walking in.  I'm a human dimmer switch." - Dan Savage

“If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change.”― Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa 

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." - Edward Everett Hale

"That was the PROPER nostalgia.  Not the nostalgia you get these days." - Terry Pratchett

 "In spite of really intense competition for the job, I'm still my own worst enemy." - Tom Holt
 

"The world is built to eat you alive, but before you go down the gullet the bastards can't stop you from looking around." - Jess Walter

"Sometimes I feel like my shadow's casting me." - Warren Zevon

" I'm changing the world, one trite catchphrase at a time." - Peter Rozovsky

"Everybody who sees the world through rose-colored glasses is a realist.  That's why they put the rose-colored glasses on." - Max Allan Collins.

"Everyone wants to feel special, but nobody wants to feel different." -Richard Osman

 "It is not strictly true that absolutely no one likes a pedant." - Andy Zaltzman

"I don’t ask for a lot. It saves time." –  Marina Hyde  

 "I have a five part answer to that.  The first part has sixteen parts. " -John Scalzi

I’ve spent a lot of years learning that ‘No’ is a complete sentence,' but I think I’ve finally got it.” -Elizabeth Zelvin

"Overreacting in advance saves time later." - Catriona McPherson

"You never know when your bad luck is going to run out." - Dan Savage

"A good sulk is a commitment."  - Sarah Kellington

"Hell is really empty & all its devils are here telling me to exercise." -Maui Smith

"I swear I’m not trying to pick a fight with you but you’re ugly and your mother dresses you funny." -Garron Allman

"Nobody else could be me.  They'd crack like a ripe melon." - Paula Poundstone

"Every nation ridicules other nations, and all are right." -Arthur Schopenhauer

"I will be conquered.  I will not capitulate."  - Samuel Johnson

"The worst thing in the world is to be deliberately, flamboyantly shocking and depraved and have no one pay attention."  -Eve Fisher 

"Who among us has not wanted to be a pregnant horse?" - John Scalzi

"Nostalgia was arthritis of the brain." -John Harvey

"Impulse does not appreciate being questioned."  - Matthew Iden

"Half aloof is better than none." - Terri Weiner

"I am not a recluse but I play one in real life"  - O'Neil De Noux 

"Sometimes I even surprise myself. it comes in handy when I have the hiccups." - Charles Salzberg

"When I said I was going to become a comedian, they all laughed. Well, they're not laughing now, are they? " - Bob Monkhouse

"I live by the question mark and I'll die by the exclamation point." - Laird Long

"One is not superior merely because one sees the world as odious." - Chateaubriand

"You don't choose your obsessions. They choose you." -Jodi Compton

"I don’t have so many friends I can afford to drop one just because he tried to kill me.” - Loren D. Estleman

“ARE YOU CALLING ME EASILY OFFENDED?!?” - Ophelia Benson

“I don’t care about the little guy. I just hate the big guy.” - Lee Child.

“This isn’t a relationship. It’s a hostage situation.” –Dan Savage

“Imperfection is sustainable.” –Libby Chenault

“I’m hardly ever on the winning side, but that don’t mean I ain’t been right.” -Michael Smith

“There are no happy endings… there are only happy people.” - Dorothy Gilman

"I’m ready for anything. That’s probably why it never happens.” -Kinky Friedman

"I'd go away, if it wasn't so far." - Corey Ford

"I don't burn bridges behind me, I nuke them." -Jacqueline Bartha

"I will place my paper hat on my concussion and dance." -Leonard Cohen

"Some days I don't know if I should laugh or call the police." -Cecil Adams

"Hate-on-the-highway is an institution occupying a high place in our modern civilization....The godawful glares that drivers exchange as they pass each other, the mutual hatred between motorist and pedestrian, these manifestations seem to constitute the ultimate in righteous wrath." -H. Allen Smith, 1947

"It's probably too late to do anything about it now, but the next best thing is to complain about it, which is what we're good at." -David Williams, Citizens Against Government Waste

"Sometimes joy slips in." -Richard Matoon

"I couldn't feel so I learned to touch." - Leonard Cohen

"Yes, I am insane. Thanks for asking." -Harlan Coben

"Dylan Thomas, asked what he thought of Welsh Nationalism, replied in three words, two of which were 'Welsh Nationalism.'" -Avram Davidson

"They can't break you if you don't have a spine." -Scott Adams

"The last freedom is choosing your attitude." -Victor Frankel

"If that indifference was originally a defense, it had consumed what it had once defended." -Ursula K. Le Guin

"They say that these are not the best of times, but they're the only times I've ever known." -Billy Joel

"We all wanted to be existentialists. None of us knew what the hell it meant." -Michael Smith

"Whoever thought the sixties would be called the good old days?" -Si Kahn

"heaven protect us from all the things / to which we can become accustomed" -Gloria McElroy

"A man is what he does with his attention and mine is not for sale." -John Ciardi

"Of course, this is only my personal opinion and I may be old-fashioned, but I would rather be old-fashioned than terribly, terribly ill with fever and have to wear ice-packs for weeks on end." -Robert Benchley

"Good manners are a sign of strength." -Dick Francis 

"A Spaniard will seek to persuade you that the bull-ring is an institution got up chiefly for the benefit of the bull." -Jerome K. Jerome

"Five years ago I was a four stone apology. Today I am two separate gorillas." -Vivian Stanshall

"The expression 'dead serious' is a self-fulfilling prophesy." -C.W. Metcalf

"Most people would rather stand on hot coals than stand corrected." -Lorrie B. Potters

No comments:

Post a Comment